Toilet Repairs & Installs
Toilets are Considered the most vital commodities within the home, the toilet is used regularly on a daily basis and from time to time can develop an issue which can prove to be most annoying.
Toilets are made up of both a pan and cistern, with over more than 1000 different types and styles of toilets on the market they consist of 2 main components which can fault over time.
- The Cistern Filling Inlet valve
- Depending on the quality of the valve installed as well as the age of the unit, the Inlet valve can develop a few issues which can cause a few things to occur. From the shut off valve snapping within the unit which constantly allows water to flow into the cistern and through the overflow. Causes a constant filling sound and can waste excessive amounts of water.
- As well as seizing up so as to not allow any water to fill into the cistern at all.
- The connection below the cistern has also been known to develop cracks from age, causing a slow leak.
- In some cases, the valve can blow off the top completely spraying mains pressure water throughout the room and smashing the lid of your cistern!
- It is vital and recommended that you have old toilet cisterns checked over by an OPS professional to avoid these issues.
- The Outlet Flush valve
- The main valve of any toilet suite, its main purpose is to withhold water and flush on the touch of a button.
- The outlet valve is made up of various levers and mechanics which can sometimes snap and or break causing the buttons to stop working properly or not at all.
- The rubber seal on the bottom of the outlet valve is what seals the water from leaking out! Over time these rubbers corrode and cause a slow leak within the cistern.
- If you notice any of these issues we recommend you CALL US to send a technician to provide you with a quote and options to rectify/ service your cistern.
Some things to look out for when assessing your toilet suite include:
- Cistern button failure
- Small cracks along the ceramic bowl, pan and cistern
- Not flushing correctly
- Pipe connecting the cistern leaking water when flushed
- Water running constantly into the bowl
- Unusual sounds coming from the cistern
- Very slow filling of the cistern
- Water leaking from the base of the toilet
- Water leaking from the cistern and connection to the sewer
DO YOU REQUIRE TOILET ASSISTANCE TODAY?
Call us NOW! Or make an easy booking online and we will call you today, tomorrow or any day that suits you.